Pivot PR, a dynamic and rapidly growing public relations agency in Charlotte, N.C., is seeking a highly motivated public relations professional to serve as its Vice President. This role requires deep communication acumen, leadership, project management skills and creativity. As a virtual agency, the Vice President will have the freedom and new-age mentality to thrive with top-tier brands like Dunkin’ Donuts, AvidXchange, MillBridge, Getzner, SMD, Parry’s Pizzeria and Mercedes Cotchery, all within a traditional agency framework.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for all major accounts
- Manage and develop the Pivot PR team to ensure client success and professional growth by employees
- Create customized and strategic public relations plans
- Execute communication tactics including:
- Content Creation: media materials, blogs, social media, web copy, white papers, case studies, technical articles and award nominations
- Media/Influencer Relations: build lists, develop creative pitches, outreach, coordinate and monitor
- Community Relations: identify and develop synergistic partnerships that create community-based programs which serve both parties
- Events: coordinate and execute client events such as grand openings, press conferences, ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, etc.
- Social Media: develop social media strategies and oversee team execution
- Crisis Communications: develop crisis communication plans and execute should a situation occur
- Project manage and organize campaigns by setting agendas, timelines, following-up, recording billable hours, and creating detailed monthly reports
- Assist with new business meetings and proposals
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, mass communications or marketing
- At least eight years of relevant marketing or public relations experience including
- At least three years of agency experience
- Strong AP-style writing skills; must provide writing samples and perform writing test
This is a six-figure opportunity dependent upon experience and profit sharing. 15-days PTO.